Friday, August 27, 2010

Bonus quote: 100th Birthday of Mother Teresa

When I am hungry give me someone that I can feed, and when I am thirsty show me someone who needs a drink.  And when I am cold give me someone to keep warm. And when I grieve give me someone to console. And when my cross grows too heavy and its weight I cannot bear,  when I need someone to hold me and it seems that no one’s there lighten up my heavy load, give me someone who deserves  to be loved, just as I do, give me someone that I can serve.  When I need some time, let me sit with someone for a while.And when my heart is heavy let me find someone to make smile. And when I’m humble give me someone that I can praise. And when I need to be looked after, show me someone that I can raise. And when I need some understanding, show me someone who needs mine. When I think of myself only, draw my thoughts to those who are kind. When I’m so poor give me someone who’s in need  and when my eyes are blind to what is holy,  let me see the Christ in the eyes of each one whom I feed.  -Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment