Sunday, January 7, 2018

Come worship the Lord

I need to worship because without it I can forget that I have a big God beside me and live in fear. I need to worship because without it I can forget his calling and begin to live in a spirit of self-preoccupation. I need to worship because without it I lose a sense of wonder and gratitude and plod through life with blinders on. I need worship because my natural tendency is toward self-reliance and stubborn independence.John Ortberg

Nothing teaches us about the preciousness of the Creator as much as when we learn the emptiness of everything else.Charles Spurgeon


You never go away from us, yet we have difficulty in returning to You. Come, Lord, stir us up and call us back. Kindle and seize us. Be our fire and our sweetness. Let us love. Let us run.Augustine of Hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment