Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bonus Quote: Exaltation of the Holy Cross

May I never boast of anything but the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ! Through it, the world has been crucified to me and I to the world. It means nothing whether one is circumcised or not. All that matters is that one is created anew. Peace and mercy on all who follow this rule of life, and on the Israel of God.
- St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians
       Everyday may we set before our attention the Cross of Jesus Christ and draws wisdom and inspiration from the revelation of love and truth that the Cross is. May it become for us the measure with which all of our thoughts, words and actions are compared. Just the thought of that makes me realize how little I love and how much more conversion is needed if I really want my life changed by the truth. Paul reminds us in another letter that only three things will remain; faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love. When asked what is love, we can say simply and humbly: "Behold the wood of the Cross, on which hung the Savior of the world, Come let us adore Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment