Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary!

Holy Mary, Mother of God, Mother of the Church, Model of Faith, I come before you today to ask your intercession on my behalf that I may more completely imitate your Son, Jesus Christ, in all that I say and do this day. You welcomed Him into your life and dedicated yourself in love and service to Him. Inspired by your example of holiness may I surrender myself to the will of the Father this day. May the Holy Spirit fill me so that I will bring forth the presence of your Son by the way I live my life. May your example of humility lead me to deeper trust and confidence that God’s providence is unfolding in my life. Dear Mother, pray for me that my yes to God will be as trusting as your fiat. You are the perfect disciple, pray that I am true to my calling as a Christian. - Tom Miller
       Just a little prayer I wrote during my deacon year in 1992.  It has become part of my morning offering from time to time. I try to maintain an active devotion to the Blessed Mother, St. John the Baptist, St. John Chrysostom and St. Gregory the Great. I consider them my patrons as I entered into priesthood. They are the friends who inspire with their love for Jesus and their lives of holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment